• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 630

Brian Tickenoff

Try running one panel at a time. Let it go through the curing process then send over the next. This fixed our panels not lining up on wall graphics and wraps. (700w)
That's really gotta slow down production for you. I know if we had to do that on our 3600, we'd loose a few customers!

wrapz.be

So I got my 630W and I can’t get my first print on point damnnnn

This is at 8 pass and 12 pass. Substrate advance calibration looks good. Lightest column is the 0 column…

View attachment IMG_4542.jpeg

Also after printing on 105cm and switching to 152cm, the 50cm extra will leave traces. I have to clean the wheels….

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Interesting, I wonder if you got a bad optimizer printhead straight out of the box. It's a little hard to see from the picture.
Are you sure your alignment is done well? It should be done on glossy SAV.

Also you should maybe print the Tools > Troubleshooting > HP Control Print and see if there's anything wrong on that.

One more thing you can try to add the spit bars from your RIP so see if it makes any difference.

1699206373377.png

wrapz.be

Interesting, I wonder if you got a bad optimizer printhead straight out of the box. It's a little hard to see from the picture.
Are you sure your alignment is done well? It should be done on glossy SAV.

Also you should maybe print the Tools > Troubleshooting > HP Control Print and see if there's anything wrong on that.

One more thing you can try to add the spit bars from your RIP so see if it makes any difference.

View attachment 168185

U think it could be the optimizer?
Printhead alignment looks pretty good to me yea. And I did it on glossy vinyl.

I'll try a control print...

Disabling the substrate advance wheel made it better, but not good enough.

Edit: hp control print looks perfect to me

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm only saying it based on that one image. It just looks so weird inconsistent and There is a known optimizer issue that can show up something like that. Decel on the printhead or whatever it was called. There's even a test for it on the 700/800 but I don't remember if 630 has it.

But really could be anything.

Edit: Nevermind after looking these new pictures I think optimizer is fine. It's something else or DLZB once again which can't be fixed.

Last edited:

wrapz.be

After spending hours and meters of vinyl I gave up today.

Will contact my supplier tomorrow and go from there.

Some more images

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4550.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4552.jpeg
    IMG_4552.jpeg
    957.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4553.jpeg
    IMG_4553.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127

cornholio

On first sight, it looks like a feed problem. But then, there are no signs for it on the control print.
I wonder, if it could be ink pressure related. The L630 (and new L700) don't use intermediate tanks anymore, so the pumps need to pulse all the time while printing to keep the ink pressure at the heads constant.

wrapz.be

balstestrat cornholio

U guys will never guess what fixed it...

I was trying to print a RAL color and the RIP build the RAL color as this +/- 0 8 15 29 CMYK
So what my dealer said is there is too less ink for the passes, u need to rebuild the color with less Black.

So in the RIP I could set it up so it will rebuild the color and only use black when really needed.
Then it rebuild the color to 28 35 49 11 , which is way more ink.

And the banding was gone :)

Still this is a color that is pretty hard to print anyway, but I'm glad we sorted it out.

image0.jpeg

wrapz.be

Yeah good to know. Black only seems to band pretty badly.

What I really dislike and my buddy with the 700W has the same problem.
When printing on a smaller roll like 105cm and then switching to a 150cm roll, the 50cm where the wheels were not used will leave traces in the print and need to be cleaned with alcohol...

That's really bad design imo.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What's that?

But I'm not yet sure if it exists on 630 like this. At least not for me but I think in a way that shade of colour couple post up sort of has it similar.

wrapz.be

Dont u guys have the issue when printing on smaller rolls, the wheels not being used will leave marks when printing on a wider roll?

RabidOne

I have to clean the wheels every time switching to a wider roll.

It’s not terrible, but it shouldnt happen.
We mostly printed 54" on our 800W. Switch to 60" and one roller at the right side of the printer needed to be cleaned with alcohol. Every time.