• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 700 W - error - can't print white anymore

szpion

Hi.
I had this error in the morning on my HP 700W: 8137-BB24-0000 and now printer is not detecting both white print heads. Removed them, cleaned, placed back. No results.
Can't find any information about this error code.
Does anyone know what may it be?

szpion

Do you have newest firmware installed?
PLS_40_22_52.1
Yes:
PLS_40_22_52.1
700W_error.png

700W_1_error.png

Last edited:

ikarasu

We had this happen.

The heads are bad. We got 2 new white heads and it worked fine after that.

Not sure why the heads went bad, I think we used them a month prior - we don't print white often.

It sucked having to buy $400 of heads to print one job... But we've been using the new heads for awhile without issue, so chalking it up to a one off.

szpion

We had this happen.

The heads are bad. We got 2 new white heads and it worked fine after that.

Not sure why the heads went bad, I think we used them a month prior - we don't print white often.

It sucked having to buy $400 of heads to print one job... But we've been using the new heads for awhile without issue, so chalking it up to a one off.
Thanks. I replaced one of the white heads 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:

ikarasu

Thanks. I replaced one of the white heads 3 weeks ago.
That doesn't mean it didnt go bad.

We replaced 6 heads at once, all brand new - It worked for an hour and then every head had an error saying it couldnt read it. We put in new heads (1 at a time) And everytime we did, the printer read the new heads - it's like it has a blacklist system that got tripped (Speculating, not sure) and the heads got labeled as faulty.

I', betting you $50 if you put in 2 new heads... it'll work again.

Then RMA the heads, if its 3 weeks old and not much ink, it should be under warranty.

szpion

Well that's strange. They say that error shouldn't appear any longer.
Anyhow replace the printheads, you can try with one if either is faulty. If it keeps doing that again I would not hesitate to replace the Carriage PCA.

Why did you replace the other one 3 weeks ago? What was the problem?
Printer couldn't detect head number 9 anymore. After head replacement everything was ok for about 3 weeks.

szpion

That doesn't mean it didnt go bad.

We replaced 6 heads at once, all brand new - It worked for an hour and then every head had an error saying it couldnt read it. We put in new heads (1 at a time) And everytime we did, the printer read the new heads - it's like it has a blacklist system that got tripped (Speculating, not sure) and the heads got labeled as faulty.

I', betting you $50 if you put in 2 new heads... it'll work again.

Then RMA the heads, if its 3 weeks old and not much ink, it should be under warranty.
Replaced head number 10 and everything back to normal so far.
Thank you all for help.