• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 750 Horizontal Banding on prints

Andrew Hodgson

Hi, I am wondering if it is normal to see the print passes on the graphic when printing from an HP 750. I am currently printing using Indoor Signage in Caldera. I see a slight overlap between each pass. This is mainly noticeable when printing solid colors. It doesn't matter what substrate I am printing on. The only time I don't see this is when I am printing on Photo mode.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 9.03.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 9.03.06 AM.png
    831.7 KB · Views: 316

Ere

I know other HPs that do this when under setting it is set to fast print or low quality print. Change it high quality or slow or whatever wording they use on that driver. I have solved many customer issues with this easy setting.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Hi, I am wondering if it is normal to see the print passes on the graphic when printing from an HP 750. I am currently printing using Indoor Signage in Caldera. I see a slight overlap between each pass. This is mainly noticeable when printing solid colors. It doesn't matter what substrate I am printing on. The only time I don't see this is when I am printing on Photo mode.
That is normal due to the firing pattern. It's there in Photo too, just less noticable.

signman315

Signmaker
It's normal but there's a big difference between "indoor signage" and "indoor signage plus"...."indoor signage" does not use the jet replacement feature on the fly while "indoor signage plus" does....with UV ink often a jet or two will go out temporarily especially on longer runs, this is called a "soft jet out" because it will be recovered with a purge and or clean, but a "hard jet out" is a jet that will never recover until that head is replaced. The "plus" modes use the camera on the printer, on the fly, to check if there are any soft jet outs and if it finds them it will replace them with another non firing jet, resulting in significantly less horizontal banding. Only if the heads and printer are in brand new perfect condition will a non plus mode not have any banding and that'll last maybe a work day before your back to where you're at now. I only use the "plus" modes, i.e. "outdoor signage plus", "indoor signage plus" and "photo plus". Outdoor signage plus will give you faster and better results than regular indoor signage setting. I'm using indoor plus for most everything and then using outdoor plus for items viewed from longer distances such as banners, and using photo plus for fine art reproduction or high end office/company projects. The non plus modes are fast, but not great quality.

danno

You might also attempt printing in a uni-directional mode. Most UV printers have the look in the image you have provided when printing in bi-directional mode.