Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP 750 Horizontal Banding on prints

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Andrew Hodgson, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Andrew Hodgson

Andrew Hodgson Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Lombard
    Hi, I am wondering if it is normal to see the print passes on the graphic when printing from an HP 750. I am currently printing using Indoor Signage in Caldera. I see a slight overlap between each pass. This is mainly noticeable when printing solid colors. It doesn't matter what substrate I am printing on. The only time I don't see this is when I am printing on Photo mode.

Attached Files:

2. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Have you done a nozzle check and made sure all nozzles are firing properly?

3. Ere

Ere Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Colorado
    I know other HPs that do this when under setting it is set to fast print or low quality print. Change it high quality or slow or whatever wording they use on that driver. I have solved many customer issues with this easy setting.

4. 2CT Media

2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    That is normal due to the firing pattern. It's there in Photo too, just less noticable.

5. signman315

signman315 Signmaker

Oct 5, 2015
    Edmeston, NY
    It's normal but there's a big difference between "indoor signage" and "indoor signage plus"...."indoor signage" does not use the jet replacement feature on the fly while "indoor signage plus" does....with UV ink often a jet or two will go out temporarily especially on longer runs, this is called a "soft jet out" because it will be recovered with a purge and or clean, but a "hard jet out" is a jet that will never recover until that head is replaced. The "plus" modes use the camera on the printer, on the fly, to check if there are any soft jet outs and if it finds them it will replace them with another non firing jet, resulting in significantly less horizontal banding. Only if the heads and printer are in brand new perfect condition will a non plus mode not have any banding and that'll last maybe a work day before your back to where you're at now. I only use the "plus" modes, i.e. "outdoor signage plus", "indoor signage plus" and "photo plus". Outdoor signage plus will give you faster and better results than regular indoor signage setting. I'm using indoor plus for most everything and then using outdoor plus for items viewed from longer distances such as banners, and using photo plus for fine art reproduction or high end office/company projects. The non plus modes are fast, but not great quality.

6. danno

danno Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    You might also attempt printing in a uni-directional mode. Most UV printers have the look in the image you have provided when printing in bi-directional mode.