• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP 789 vs HP 792 printhead

Design Guy

My hp l25500 is still running strong. But as you know, they’ve discontinued the parts for it. I can’t find decent printheads anywhere. Tried a couple of Chinese companies and they are terrible! I discovered that the 792 cleaning kit cartridge works in my 25500. But I was also wondering if the 792 ph’s might work with the 25500 as well? Anybody tried?
Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

I wish HP would be less black and white and allow people with obsolete machines to get a firmware update to run the 26 series heads and ink. They are exactly the same other than the ink is glossier.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

The 3 & 5 series heads won't work because the color mix is wrong and the loaded ink is not the same. You would have to reprogram the ink firing order to get those heads to work.

smdgrfx

I'm digging up this old post, but here's some insight. I ran 792 printheads in my L25500 for a couple of years. I would just swap the chip. One thing of note was that they would die on me very fast though. I have two L25500's that still mechanically work, but are fickle with this ink and heads. I have brought heads back to life just using an ultrasonic cleaner. There is still aftermarket ink available if you can keep the print heads alive. Also, most parts are still available on eBay. I just replaced encoder strip and carriage belts last month. One thing I cannot find is cleaning cartridge kits.