• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 8000 banding issues printing ARLON DPF 8000

iSignDesigncom

blury issues with HP 8000s

I am having a problem tetting my small print to print clean. I just moved into a larger warehouse with no heat and it hits about 30 overnight. This issue started last week.
Any suggestions or thoughts please. I have attached a pic
20131226_191813.jpg 20131226_191807.jpg

lbpalm

Being that this thread is quite old, does anyone know if the DPS8000 product has been revised/improved since 2013 in terms of correcting the adhesive seepage?

I will be printing a full 150 foot roll for a large wall installation and would not look forward to lunching my 1624 with goop.

As always, many thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited:

lbpalm

Partial fix:
- I will try laying down a strip of masking tape on the machine platen (where physically possible) along where the media edges run though the printer

AKwrapguy

So a few things to try...
On the machine you can choose what type of material... try choosing 'banner'. This might help.

Also maybe look at unspooling the material a few feet at a time as it's running. The 8000's don't like heavy rolls (I've run into this with large banner and reflective rolls).

I know it sucks buy you also might want to looking at a different material. 3M has come out with a similar material 3MIJ180C-10LSE it's even has air release...

lbpalm

So a few things to try...
On the machine you can choose what type of material... try choosing 'banner'. This might help.

Also maybe look at unspooling the material a few feet at a time as it's running. The 8000's don't like heavy rolls (I've run into this with large banner and reflective rolls).

I know it sucks buy you also might want to looking at a different material. 3M has come out with a similar material 3MIJ180C-10LSE it's even has air release...

$$$!!! :)