• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 800w Latest Firmware update-opinions sought

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
Looking for folks who are using the latest firmware update PLS_32_22_23.7 in their 800w machines. Was anything broken in this revision? Just curious as my last update killed the media advance. Thanks all

RabidOne

Updated a while ago. Haven't had any problems. The only thing visibly different in the Subtrate Source window there is a line the says "Right Edge Position" and the distance.
Didn't lose anything.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You should definitely update. It fixes issues that the previous version had.

Fix and enhancements:
  • New print mode setting: one meter stabilization plot to improve tiling performance.
  • New function to update media profiles for the new one meter stabilization plot setting in existing profiles.
  • Input tension for generic self-adhesive vinyl family decreased from 15 to 6 Nm.
  • Generic blue back media family updated to improve image quality. The default optimizer value is 15%.
  • Workflow and messaging for media path blocked errors improved.
  • Skew check value to remain the same when loading a new roll.
  • Right edge position value is now displayed on the front panel substrate application.
  • New diagnostic plot for optimizer printhead depletion.
  • White ink banding improved when changing the print mode from overflood to underflood, or vice versa.
  • Automatic media load improved to prevent the substrate from unloading during this process.
  • Issue where the take-up reels stop collecting the substrate when using ‘Do not apply tension’ mode improved.
  • Issue where the image is shifted on scan axis direction during the first and/or last pass improved
  • General bug fixes and improvements.