• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 9000 cleaning printheads?

mrbid

Does anyone know how to clean print heads on hp9000

Cyan is just continues to get worse.

I keep alighnment checking heads, and adjusting
but it keeps slight mis firing and streeks alot
even with cleanings.

so was wondering how and with kid of cleaner?

and can new or referbs be purchased with out spending
any where from $1200 - $4,000

Quix

I used to sink them in 3/4" of cleaning fluid or acetone for about two days; trying not to let fluid get into the Printhead's electric connectors.
More drastically, use a syringe to inject fluid from the tubings to see how many noozzles are blocked. You should see two homogenic "curtains" of fluid.
A jewelery ultrasonic cleaner could also be used; but you should take care of the solvents, that might get on fire on contact with the electric components. A good technician told me you shouln't use ultrasonic cleaner for more than 30 seconds at a time...
Be aware that this procedures could damage the printhead or reduce it's life (I've done it deveral times without problem; but something might go wrong)
I hope this helps you.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
km512mn/14 is made solid. you can flush well over 30 seconds. I would use heated ultrasonic cleaner to flush with heated solvent. Result would be great. You dont want to ultrasonic epson dx4/dx5 print head.