• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000 Ink Per Sq ft.

HulkSmash

I know there's tons of factors when it comes to ink usage but on average what is your cost per SQ FT on printing 4 pass or 8 pass on your HP 9000's.
I want to see what everyone comes up with. I averaged about 25-30 cents a SQ FT.

HIGHTEC

Keep it cheap

not a lot of people put thought into this one, but I know for a fact the line are smaller on 8 pass then 4 pass, if the density and linerization where set correctly when setting up the ICC profiles on 4 and 8 pass the ink consuption would be the same. As for cost. Who knows, I'm sure HP has an RD dept. that knows that question, but what you said around 30 cents sq. ft. for solvent prints sounds right. Just make sure you get your ink's at a good price, I have a couple clients I supply ink to. $155 per cartridge. 1L Cartridge.

Hightec Digital
Large format printer technician on Mimaki, Mutoh, HP, Roland
916-990-9803

tbaker

lots of talk about this in various places, but personally until I see cold hard facts, I'm going with, there is minimal ( if any) difference in ink consumption when you change print modes (4/8/16 pass), you aren't laying down more ink, it just takes more passes to build your color.

You use less of your head, which gives you a better print quality because it's easier for the machine to register on itself.

MachServTech

I know there's tons of factors when it comes to ink usage but on average what is your cost per SQ FT on printing 4 pass or 8 pass on your HP 9000's.
I want to see what everyone comes up with. I averaged about 25-30 cents a SQ FT.

That's not bad, I have seen 25 to 50 cents per square foot. Most average 38 cents because of all of the waste ink used to clean nozzle dropout.