• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000 Jets dropping out

robr

Need help. All jets working prior to printing, as we print we start losing colors. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

lrtgraphics

Start off by turning down the heat settings to 45-40-45 or lower to diagnose if that is the problem. Another thing hp told us to do that helped fix our problem is to hit Online, Media Reg, PH Rest Period - change it to 80 cycles, Rest Time - change it to 15 sec. What that basically does is stop the head every 80 cycles and rests it over the capping station for 15 sec. This does slow the printer down a little but it keeps the heads wet and doesn't allow them to dry out and start banding over long runs. I'd rather have my printer run a little slower and not have half of my prints ruined because of banding. If this works you can test increasing the PH Rest Period cycles and lowering the Rest Time unitll your printing as fast as possible and still happy with the results. If you have any other questions feel free to send me an e-mail dennis@lrtgraphics.com

APC Tech NE

Clean the media clips! yes i know it sounds stupid but the ink tends to build up on the clips. When the heads pass over them the ink is pulled out of the nozzles. Also, I have seen problems with over aggressive ventilation. Excess air moving through the machine will dry up the heads during printing. Make sure you clean the wipers and keep fluid in the pads.
Good Luck!