• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000 Problems; Fading Ink

terrellbrinlee

Over the past two weeks we've been seeing an issue with the yellow ink on larger prints. The problem happens most with banner material using a 4 pass setting.

It's as if at the beginning of the print the yellow is fine. Then as it progresses banding occurs, and from there we gradually lose the yellow ink from the print.

Once we start a new print the yellow is full force, but like before it gradually fades out.

We've replaced the damper and the cap on the printer, and have primed the yellow ink line with a syringe.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

My apologies to the admin if this is in the wrong place :)

danno

How old is the printhead? Initial thought would be an air leak, probably an o-ring at one of the connectors or possible printhead failure. I have replaced 3 heads in 2 machines over the last year. The youngest machine is 6 years old.

terrellbrinlee

Thanks Danno

Thanks for the help Danno,

We've actually just purchased a new printer since I made this post. Looks like we'll just have to part this one off; or find someone who's interested in a whole unit.

Thanks!