• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 9000s Life Expectancy of Parts

ShawnWCC

Hello all,

First post to a highly educational forum. I have looked around on several different topics for quite some time and there is an immeasurable amount of knowledge here. So first off thanks to everyone that posts on this forum for all the great information.

That being said I have looked, and looked, and looked some more for information regarding the life expectancy of the consumable parts in an HP 9000s such as pump tubes, capping unit, etc.... Is there a complete list somewhere that has all the parts that the internal counter monitors containing the life span of all these items? I just purchased my second one of these machines and it would be interesting to know based on the information stored in the machine a little more of its history and also what spares I will need to have on hand before any parts expire based on HP's counter in seconds or the date the part was installed.

Again Thanks for any information relating to this.

HulkSmash

Hello all,

First post to a highly educational forum. I have looked around on several different topics for quite some time and there is an immeasurable amount of knowledge here. So first off thanks to everyone that posts on this forum for all the great information.

That being said I have looked, and looked, and looked some more for information regarding the life expectancy of the consumable parts in an HP 9000s such as pump tubes, capping unit, etc.... Is there a complete list somewhere that has all the parts that the internal counter monitors containing the life span of all these items? I just purchased my second one of these machines and it would be interesting to know based on the information stored in the machine a little more of its history and also what spares I will need to have on hand before any parts expire based on HP's counter in seconds or the date the part was installed.

Again Thanks for any information relating to this.

i have 2 hp9000's for sale.

They're really good machines. They're the type of solvents that need to be run every day or they break down. Pumps, heads, etc are all great in terms of life expectancy. These printers are not meant to sit around all day not printing.. that will cause them to break.

mudmedia

i have 2 hp9000's for sale.

They're really good machines. They're the type of solvents that need to be run every day or they break down. Pumps, heads, etc are all great in terms of life expectancy. These printers are not meant to sit around all day not printing.. that will cause them to break.

Agreed. To me they are built like tanks compared to a ton of printers now days. I think all HP's wide format stuff is built pretty stout. The parts are durable and like colorado said it is a true solvent printer (not eco) so it is good to make sure you have good ventilation and make sure you keep printing on it.

We had one and it was like the longer it printed the better the quality was especially if we came back from the weekend and fired it up.

All in all still good machines.

ShawnWCC

Thanks for the responses. I pulled the counts out of the printers and say my wiper blade is at 10,000, and my ink pump tubes aere at 15,000 seconds, etc.. When does the printer reccomend replacements. What I was looking for is a list, if one exists, for the consumable parts that have a count or seconds use life.

Thanks Again

Bogie1of8

Our 9000 is 6 years old now. For the first few years I was really confused because nothing ever broke. I started getting worried and called HP and asked if there was anything I was supposed to do in addition to the daily maint. "Has the machine asked you to do something?" No I said. " it will when it needs it" lol

Got ahold of a tech and he gave me some of the cycle points to figure out when it was going to ask for a major maint. Based on how long we had it we were able to calculate pretty accurately. We have now had the major maint done twice at around $2,500 each time and even at 6yo the thing still has all it's jets and prints everyday.