Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 9000s W/Bulk ink system low ink warning

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by csc, May 10, 2010.

1. csc

csc Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Nevada
    I use a bulk ink system in my HP 9000s and so far have had problems. When ink gets low I would fill the bottle and recharge the chip. Recently, I decided to see what would happen if I don't recharge the chip. The result was no change at all! Printer still runs good without any adverse effects on the print quality. Just wondering if anyone out there has done the same and if they have had any interruptions in their printing or quality besides the low ink warning that shows up occasionally and I just drag it off the screen.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

Interesting. What brand of inks and bulk system are you using?
    Does the price savings seem to be worth the initial expense?

Thanks

3. csc

csc Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Nevada
    Since 2006, right after the warranty expired, I purchased a bulk ink system from cartridge solutions and have been using their inks since then. I am satisfied with the inks.

4. csc

csc Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Nevada
    I use a bulk ink system in my HP 9000s and so far have had problems. When ink gets low I would fill the bottle and recharge the chip. Recently, I decided to see what would happen if I don't recharge the chip. The result was no change at all! Printer still runs good without any adverse effects on the print quality. Just wondering if anyone out there has done the same and if they have had any interruptions in their printing or quality besides the low ink warning that shows up occasionally and I just drag it off the screen.
    Thanks