• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Barcodes unreadable, Improperly Printed by Flexi?

culblaster

You can print the opostestv3.pdf (it's in the testfiles directory in HP cutter control) on a desktop printer, then send the pit file to the cutter. If this works, there could be a bug in flexi.
Sometimes the offset is wrongly registered. If you do the Opos calibration two or three times, it can help. (You can monitor the values in cutter control service mode)
I am going to attempt to do this... printed out the sheet, found the .plt file. HP Cutter control software won't let me use (it's grayed out) its function to send the plt file to the cutter, so I'll try it with Flexi. This printout doesn't include a barcode so I presume it's a manual alignment method/manual prompting and reading... not sure how to do that yet.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What are you going to do with the old firmware? It doesn't allow to change the barcode type, it only works with the yellow.
I still think you have some other issue..

culblaster

Yeah - I noticed that was a firmware upgrade feature. I'm not sure. I'd like to have it anyhow just to have it. But, perhaps I could change my rip software if I can find that, the HP original software that came with the print/cut solutions.
Otherwise... I have no earthly idea what to do, I've done everything I can manage to do and spent a great deal of time... I might just need to find a new cutter