• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Design jet 430 large format printer 36"

soberjoey

I know this is a dinosaur of a machine and very old. Does anyone have any experience with it? We are a non profit organization that helps homeless vets, currently we are using a vinyl express vinyl cutter with thermoflex material and a heat press in making shirts for local softball leagues withall profits benefiting the vets.

We will be able to purchase this printer at a very low cost, basically a tax write off for the owner. He says it can print on vinyl and specialty papers for our different needs, doess anyone have any experience with this printer? Is HP a good source for a printer?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bly

It's a black and white plan printer:

The HP DesignJet 430 printer is the monochrome entry-level printer for architectural, engineering, construction and mechanical design at the lowest price ever.

showcase 66

Has it been upgraded to a color. I had 2 of them when I was drafting and designing. As far as I know it doesn't print on vinyl that well. I tried once before and it just beaded up and smeared everywhere. Tried to sell them about 4 years ago. Couldn't find a buyer so I donated them to the local highschool.