• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp design jet printer

mxr934

Hey guys. I have fallen into an hp design jet 5000ps uv printer. I am in the market to print motorcycle graphics but I am still trying to get everything situated. I got some 3m control tack vinyl to do some testing with. I have found that the ink just sits on top, it doesn't ever soak in or dry so after a few hours it wipes right off. Just looking for some input. Maybe a better vinyl option? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason

FrankW

The HP 5000 is not able to print on uncoated Vinyl. You need to use special coated inkjet media.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Actually I sell a 2 mil cast vinyl for vehicle wraps made for the HP design jet water based inkjet machine like the one you have, it must have the UV pigmented inks in it. It's called fast wrap and we made it a few years back for the beer guys. You will get 3 years plus on a wrap and must be laminated with cast overlam.