• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designet 9000S "head gone bad?"

csc

Wouldn't you know it! 1-1/2 months after warranty expires,
The black print head goes bad. All it does is print black haze instead of a crisp line.
I have been running bulk ink now for a good 7 months, got tired of paying $306. per cart. Bulk system works great with no difference in color what so ever.
tomorrow I will call HP and see what they recommend.
I tried a while back to locate a service manual but could not locate one. I'll see if HP will sell one. They want the service calls I know that but I'm looking for suggestions from anyone with the same printer and if they/ve experienced the same.

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

CSC

geedub

are you sure the black prinhead is bad, or if the bulk ink system just isn't feeding black ink? either way the head is bad. HP techs may not touch it because of the bulk ink.....

csc

I had a tech come out last year and replaced two heads. Spent almost 20 hours adjusting all the heads after the two were replaced. Since then it's run great. The tech was not from HP. HP subs the work to independent service companies.
I was hoping to run some functions on the black head and to determine where the problem might lie.

CSC

csc

Also, the bulk ink system is what I call a plug and play.
There were no necessary adjustments or profiles to change at all. That's what sold me on that bulk ink system. Others aftermarket inks needed their own profiles and devices to fool the printer into accepting their inks. I honestly don't
think the ink has anything to do with the head malfunctioning.

geedub

i'm not saying the ink. I'm saying what sends the ink down from the bulk system to the head. It's probably gravity, so maybe the line got clogged or something. I wouldn't think a head that is used regularly every day would just go bad.

csc

You could be right. I would like to know how to run the pump for that head only. I exposed most of the lines and found only one (CYAN) line that had an air gap in the line but that color works fine. Short of doing a prime for that head I can't go any further without instructions on activating that color independtly.

CSC