• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 130r

CompleteHavoc

I design clothing, that's just the facts...

I have a friend who runs a sign shop in Villa Park, IL and have done basic stuff on a US Cutter mh751 for the last few years (tshirts and basic banners).

I have been given a HP designjet 130r, its new and never installed. I plan on using ti to print posters and maybe do some banners. I want to know the best way to apply laminate to the inkjet based banners to try to get better outdoor stability.

Anything else I could do with this very basic printer, I would love to print a wrap for my CBR but not sure Fellers has a inkjet printable vinyl that work work.

eye4clr

You've got the wrong tool for what you're looking to do. That printer is a "pro-sumer" photo printer. There is not a laminate on the planet that will make it work well outdoors for anything that has to last.

I'd wager you'd have a hard time finding adhesive back vinyl in a width that would fit this printer and be coated for water based inks.

CRD

This Prosumer machine can do the job some people require without going to deep in the pocket. Specially when you get things for free:rock-n-roll:

There are enough waterbased coated selfadhesive vinyl available in 60 cm width. Google is your friend.

Lamination can be done by hand if you have some skills and the right tools. But general you can laminate smaller pieces and not 60 cm width.

Only thing to look after is to choose vinyl and lamination of same poly or monomere bases.

If you need some webadresses let me know.

Paco