• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 2500 CP ??????

joshGN

I have a friend who is closing up his engineering firm and they have this printer sitting around. Its a Hp Designjet 2500 CP. He pretty much told me I could take it. They used it for printing large blueprints onto paper.

Apparently it can print onto vinyl also..Anyone have any experience with this printer or one similar to it?

My version of flexi has it listed has a color printer ready to install...so thats good...

I only do cut vinyl and screen printing at this time....a digital printer would be good at times...even if its not the greatest...something is better than nothing...

Let me know! Thanks!

Pro Image

It will be a good learner machine........If you got it for free............You need to use UV pigment inks on coated vinyl..............

oc63rag

For free, I'd take it. I was recently shopping for an HP printer for indoor use and I came across a 2500cp for cheap. I checked with an HP service tech that I know and he said to be careful because HP does not offer parts for those machines anymore. I ended up with a 5000PS for a little more $ but parts/supplies are readily available.
Good luck either way.