• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 500 and Illustrator. Printing ??'s

miktoxic

so i finally scarfed up this printer and everything is fine

EXCEPT

it wastes a lot of paper.

i'm using illustrator to print out some test prints/strips with this printer. i've got the artboard set to the same dimensions of an E1 (?) size page which is 36"w x 48" h (same width as the roll of paper i have loaded). for the test prints all i did was place and duplicate objects with different fill colors along the bottom edge of the artboard. every time i do the test print the objects get centered on this 36" x 48" paper. imean it runs about a foot and a half of paper through, prints the objects, then runs another foot and a half of paper and cuts it.

i've tried different settings but this always happens. i've got a gx-24 vinyl cutter and that's pretty cut and dry compared to what you can and can't do with this. the hp printer doesn't allow you to advance the roll of paper back and forth and set an point of origin.

any help about the 'center of page' thing would greatly be appreciated!

Billct2

500? or 5000?
on my 5000 when I print fom Corel there are the options to select where the print is located ie Center, center top, center left etc