• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP designjet 5000ps printhead "reseat" problem when replacing printheads.. Help

RVR78

I just purchased an HP DJ 5000ps and it has been sitting in a barn for a while so I have cleaned it all up and have got it to print a few things but the yellow and magenta print heads are degraded so i purchased new ones but when I put them in I get a "reseat" message on the lcd... but if i put the old ones in its fine... So after many hours of pulling my hair out I found something that said i needed to replace all the printheads at the same time in order to get them to "seat" so before I spend more money on more printheads I was hoping someone can confirm this for me.... Thank you very much in advance

bilge

Dear RVR
Try following:
1. clean/wipe out new printheads contact (about 24 copper dots)
2. after replace printheads command the carriage moves to the changing position then you switch off the printer (use main switch located at the back)
3. replace new neads and turn on

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sell the heads for $99 so if you need to replace them all that might be a good deal for you. I also sell a ton of materials for those machines as well if your interested. I think after trying to reseat 3 times it kills the head.

Billct2

You have tried rebooting?
As bilge said try cleaning the contacts on the printhead and also on the carriage that holds them. Coffee filters are good for cleaning them. You can moisten them slightly if needed.

Bill Modzel

I used to have a 5500 and cleaned my printheads in a Branson Ultrasonic printer whenever
i had some plugged jets or things weren't printing correctly. I probably got double the "normal" printhead life out of them.

Billct2

My techique is a little more primative...fill a cup with hot water from the coffe maker and let the head soak for 5-10 minutes. usually restores it for a few more weeks or more.

RVR78

Thanks everyone I will let you know how it goes....As for heads being dead after "reseating" 3 times. I am screwed.....Thanks for the offer as well on the printheads but I found all 6 of them on ebay for $488 but if your willing to trade something for them I always have something to barter....laptops,tablets,phones.....etc .. Thanks again

bigsign

Have you try remove all the print heads and turn the power back on.
The printer will tell you when install them. You could have a bad carriage or cable.

vladio

Thanks everyone I will let you know how it goes....As for heads being dead after "reseating" 3 times. I am screwed.....Thanks for the offer as well on the printheads but I found all 6 of them on ebay for $488 but if your willing to trade something for them I always have something to barter....laptops,tablets,phones.....etc .. Thanks again

I think I just got printheads from the same person on eBay and my magenta cart keeps pulling a "reseat cart, 5106" error. Did u get it worked out? Did u have to replace all the print heads?

Nine22

We use to soak them in water also...if that doesnt work, my boss had this jewelry cleaner thing (i dunno what its called!) and puts it in there with water then turns it on...suppose to finely vibrate whatever is in it hence cleaning it! err...that usually didnt work anyways! cleans my wedding rings fine though! :p

anozira02

Print head chip?

Do anyone know where to purchase printhead chips for the HP 5500? I am looking for the one called the smart chip with four contacts.. I was told replacing this chip will reset the printhead,,, printer thinks you installed a new printhead.