• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 5500 power supply

jrsc

Hi,

I having some problems with my HP Designjet 5500 60in uv and hoping someone has some advice. I think I determined I need a power supply and hoping someone can confirm that and recommend a place to buy one.

The printer won't boot. It gets to the spinning up disk part and then errors out with error code 1f50007 hard disk failure. I've already tried a different hard drive and it didn't help. I read some stuff that suggested the power supply might be the problem. On page 1-5 of the service manual it says if a red and a green led light are not lighting up a power supply is probably needed. My green light doesn't light up. So this is why I think I need a power supply. Can anyone confirm that this is most likely my problem? Also can someone recommend a place to purchase one and the correct part number.

Thanks

adrian4012

Hi,

I having some problems with my HP Designjet 5500 60in uv and hoping someone has some advice. I think I determined I need a power supply and hoping someone can confirm that and recommend a place to buy one.

The printer won't boot. It gets to the spinning up disk part and then errors out with error code 1f50007 hard disk failure. I've already tried a different hard drive and it didn't help. I read some stuff that suggested the power supply might be the problem. On page 1-5 of the service manual it says if a red and a green led light are not lighting up a power supply is probably needed. My green light doesn't light up. So this is why I think I need a power supply. Can anyone confirm that this is most likely my problem? Also can someone recommend a place to purchase one and the correct part number.

Thanks
yes,it's the power supply that can't supply enough current to the hard drive.

jrsc

Thanks, I'll give the fuses a try. Are they on the power supply? If that doesn't work does anybody have any suggestions on where to buy a power supply or a merchant member that sells them. If not at least a part number to look for.

Thanks