• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 5500

Barber

A fair that I help out at has an HP Designjet 5500PS. *This printer is used almost exclusively during the months of December and January setting up for the fair and during the fair. *It is turned off in between the times that they use it. *The printer is always in need of repair when they start to use it and a tech needs to be called. *My question is does this machine have an automatic cleaning cycle if left on that might keep the repairs to a minimum.

Jack Knight1979

What is the tech having to fix on the machine? I had a 5500 and don't remember any type of cleaning cycle for it. I remember it had wipers for the heads, but I don't remember it doing a cleaning cycle.

I sold it 5 years ago, so I'm a touch foggy on it's operation.

Billct2

No cleaning cycle that I know of. Is it kept in a heated area? The ink could coagulate if they get cold. If you want you can set it up with remote access and run a test print every couple weeks.