• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP designjet 650c- any opinions?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Does anyone have any opinions on the value- current or past- of an hp designjet 650C? It's a 36" printer, cmyk. Just curious.

(thanks!)

signage

Ian that was a printer made for drafting printing. I would think under $1,000.00USD. I have one and got it about two years ago if I remember correctly it was 1,100.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks Brian. The specs say CMYK, with CMY as dye inks & K as pigment. They also mention something that resembles photo printing...it's hard to tell!

My main interest is to use it to produce screen-positives (in black, on some sort of clear film) , from which to expose photosensitive screens. There's one available for $500 , but its condition is so far not known. I'm still looking into it.

What do you use yours for?

signage

Printing drafting drawings electrical etc. Also pounce patterns and looking into printing larger proofs if I can figure out how to profile it when I have some free time.

sullosau

Ian
I up until next week sometime work for a company that supplies these, they are usually seen in a lot of architects offices here in Oz, mainly used for printing plans and such cad drawings and all that hyper accurate stuff, from what Ive seen they might actualy fit the bill for what you want, they print on films and vellum paper. I ended up buying an photocoper with a printer box add on, it prints out on A3 which also prints onto agfa film I use for my screens, which is enough for what I do, plus works as a fax copier and document server, just another thought, Ive seen a lot of 750s and 65os here on ebay, I "think" youd be okay with them, but dont bother trying to contact hp you get put thru to india where they just take you number and someone is sposed to call you back, Ive waiting 3 weeks and still no calls, but thats outsourcing for ya.
Let us know how ya get on with this one...

Steve

signage

Yes you can print pictures. It uses HPGL so almost any graphics program can be used to output, they also have a windows driver for them.