• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP DesignJet 750C Plus

Ogriv

Greetings,

I have purchased a printer (HP DesignJet 750C Plus) from my local city auction. I only paid $5 dollars for it. The unit powers up and tries to print some type of test print, but then display a SYSTEM ERROR 070010 01F3FFFF . I think that was the error it showed. It has the 4 ink carts YCMB. Any way, does anybody have any experience with this printer? Is it worth attempting to repair it? I found the Quick reference guide for it, it looks like it will print 300x300 and 600x600 color. I really have no experience with this size printer, and to be honest I really was not looking for one, but for 5$ I really could not go wrong.

Many thanks for your opinions.

signage

Ogriv this is an engineering type printer that will only print Architectural/engineering size drawings. I have a HP650C which is similar. What all did you get with this printer? Also i don't remember the address but I am pretty sure that there is a "plotter" store in OHIO that sells these and I think repairs them.

Ogriv

Greetings Signage,

In the quick ref guide it has the following charts. Like I said, I have no experience with large format printers, I just got excited when I viewed the charts. I scanned them and have attached them.

Also, I searched the web for the error code, and it appears that this error indicates a bad simm module. Well, I'm gonna have to dig out some boxes from storage to find some old simms, cause I have not useds Simms in a long time.

Attachments

• Specs1.jpg
    Specs1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Specs2.jpg
    Specs2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 271
  • Specs3.jpg
    Specs3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Ogriv

Here is an image I found of a 750C printout. Is this type of image not possible?

Thanks

Attachments

• hp750c1.jpg
    hp750c1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 344

Ogriv

Well, I am able to connect to the printer with my PC. The print jobs are received by the printer, and the printer attempts to print the image. It is only printing in a light purple color. The image is a little fuzzy as well. I took the cover off of the printer. There was some dried up ink on rubber parts where the ink carts park. I cleaned everything and checked all of the moving parts for damage. It looks like there is some type of air bellows that has small clear lines that run to the rubber pieces under the ink carts. Perhaps this is some kind of ink purge? Anyway, I could see the bellows functioning every once in a while. The print head travels back and forth quite well. The rubber roller appears to have little use, it has no glazing on it. The paper cutter works just fine as well. I found some service manuals on EBAY, I think I'll purchase them to help me refurb this printer. Also, There appears to be quite a bit of ink in all but the black cart. Hopefully I can get this thing working.

Any thoughts?

signage

Yes you can do prints like that, you will only be constrained to ANSI drawing sizes. Before you send a drawing to the printer it should run a cleaning routine and check that the ink is flowing/printing. The manual should help you. To clean the heads you should use hot water, you can try soaking the head to see if the ink is flowing. I'll have to check my service manual to see if it covers the 750C. What size did you get?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I'm in the process of getting a refurbished 650C. I was told that Post script is standard on the 750C, but an optional plug-in Dimm with the 650C. Apparently the same module will work in either- does anyone know?

The paperwork says you can print up to 50 feet on the roll, in one go- or is this incorrect propaganda?

Ogriv, if yours won't work, I'll buy the postscript dimm from you!
Signage, any chance the service manual is emailable?

Best wishes!

Ogriv

Signage, I have the 36" version Model Number C4709B.

Ian, My Postscript Simm socket is empty.

I ordered the service manual last night.

Matt Cuellar

Hp 750

You can get those results, and heck, I'll give you that exact file if you want! =0) The 750 is a great color printer, but as stated above, it's primarily designed for CAD-based drawings. Will do nice output on photographic media, some poly, but any outdoor durable products will not be ideal for this printer. Good luck!

Matt