• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 8000s

mikewohlwend

I recently bought a Designjet 8000s that didn't come with any software. Does anyone know where I can get the Drivers and RIP Software for it?

tbullo

Superunknown
When we had our hp8000 it had a disk called Onyx sign e-z that came with the printer. It would also run from our signlab print and cut program. I don't think you will find any drivers to download from HP. I think its all done with the rip program you choose.

greysquirrel

You may not find sign EZ..what you may want to look into is Onyx Gama Print Pro..it's their basic version...or

find someone selling an older version of rip software...the HP8000 is old...you can use any version of Onyx 7.0 and up...

the rip may end up having more value than the printer..

mikewohlwend

Thanks. I got the printer dirt cheap knowing that it would take some work. It might be to much of a hassle and I just need to look elsewhere for something else.

SublettSigns

You can also print from the HP online server by entering the IP address found on the printers menu on the LED Screen into your internet browsers address bar. It's not as fast and you are limited on the print options, but you can print from there.

GP_Oz

You can also print from the HP online server by entering the IP address found on the printers menu on the LED Screen into your internet browsers address bar. It's not as fast and you are limited on the print options, but you can print from there.

From memory the 8000 connects to the pc via 2 tin cans and a string.
Im fairly sure they didn't have an EWS

Motoko Susu

you can get some of the profiles from HP still but you have to go through HP euro to get them they no longer carry them in the US for the 8000s do not lose heart these 8000s are almost bullet proof as long as you keep up on the daily cleaning they will keep chugging along