• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet 9000s????

csc

I've posted a few threads but only one one has answered.
I don't now if I'm posting the wrong way, maybe it's a thread no one wants to touch or there are very few HP 9000s owners out there. Plenty of viewers but no bites. Just looking for some one that can share some tips and experiences using the 9000s printer.

thanks,
CSC

csc

Thank you very much for responding.
My sales rep was not helpfull at all so I call HP support.
They said it needed to be serviced by certified tech.
At $180 p/hour, 8 to ten hours is very costly. Last tech took over 20 hours to make all the adjustments, however the printer was under warantee. I've watched the the tech calibrate and it was pretty simple if you know the commands to access the proper menu. That is why I am trying to get a service manual or just find someone that has calibrated them selves.

CSC

I have been told that the HP 9000s is the same printer as the Seiko Colorpainter 64s. I have seen the service manual for the Seiko on E-Bay for around 15 bucks. Might be worth a look.

Bill Modzel

I have a full PDF tech manual on the 9000s. Zipped it's a 9.8MB file. If your email can handle that let me know and I'll send you a copy.
I also have a 9000s available for parts, minus the motherboard. I'm in michigan if anyone's interested. Just trying not to take it to the metal recyclers which seems such a waste.

J Hill Designs

I use an OCE CS6060, which is a seiko 64s, which is a HP 9000s - ask questions. PM me your email I can send a service manual

:thumb:

edit: oh. a post from 2007. heh