• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Designjet L25500 cleaning question

Briansos

Greetings,

I just upgraded the firmware on my printer to GG-CAL_5.0.0.8

Now every morning when I turn my machine on it asks for rail cleaning and lubing. Every. Single. Morning. Is this accurate with the new update? It seems overkill to me but the reminder always comes up.

Any info or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

StarSign

Mine has been doing the same thing for the last 5 months. Had a tech come out and went through the entire machine, it went away for about a week.

Tim Aucoin

I'm still running GG-CAL_3.0.0.4 firmware. Never had an issue. Didn't know the firmware was updated so far. Is there any advantage for me to update?? :rolleyes:

dypinc

Did you wipe the rails down with alcohol until they were clean and then oil it. Do this for a couple of days and see what happens. If your still getting this error you might have to replace the felt pads.

Briansos

Mine has been doing the same thing for the last 5 months. Had a tech come out and went through the entire machine, it went away for about a week.

What was your eventual solution? Just ignore the cleaning request and clean as you used to?

Did you wipe the rails down with alcohol until they were clean and then oil it. Do this for a couple of days and see what happens. If your still getting this error you might have to replace the felt pads.

I have cleaned off the rails, and tbh I've gotten dirt/grime each time. Then I relube them once they are clean. I am only a couple of days into this so perhaps after a week or two I will see some change.

dypinc

why do you turn it off? mine stays on 24/7

What firmware are you on?

Since I undated to 5.0.0.8 it does strange things at times while it is sleeping. Sometimes can't wake it up, sometime the fans start spinning. Never had any of that happen with previous firmware. I turn mine off all the time now.

Briansos

why do you turn it off? mine stays on 24/7

Not to drastically change the OP of this thread, but this printer doesn't want to go into sleep mode. It used to, but its been months since it would power down into that sleep mode. Ive set it to 30 min, or 1 hour or 2 hours, nothing. So I started turning it off. I am not sure why this is the case, not sure how to get it to go back into sleep mode /sigh