Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Designjet L26500 printing wider

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by heyitsme, Nov 22, 2018.

1. heyitsme

heyitsme New Member

Aug 15, 2018
    UK
    Apologies in advance, i'm not a expert with this stuff hence asking for help after google attempts!

We're using an ONYX workflow with our HP Designjet L26500, the rolls of vinyl substrate we're using indicate they're 1372 wide on the packaging, but attempting to print anything over about 1300 wide, onyx complains the artwork is too wide for the media?

I thought maybe the CutContour barcode was taking up the rest so was going to try turning it off for the specific job by going to "Info" for the job in the Postershop Rip-Queue list, but everything is unticked already (though it is adding them on somewhere else).

Is it possible to somehow use the rest of the width of our rolls, or is this just a limitation of the printer?

Sorry for the newbie-ness, I have looked around the software and on the net for answers in advance!

Tags:
  2. burgmurk

burgmurk Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Auckland, New Zealand
    it's possible, you should be able to comfortably hit 1350. sorry my 26500 knowledge is limited to a colorgate ri[, but check things like margins, space between prints etc. i'm running a 360 on onyx now and can easily get 1350, i never had to change any defaults to make that happen.

3. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    The 26500 is capable of printing up to 1520mm, so it's probably a setup issue with Onyx.

4. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    Controller the dimensions of the artwork (inch, mm, pixel)

5. heyitsme

heyitsme New Member

Aug 15, 2018
    UK
    Thought that might be the case, I'll have a look around see if I can find out why its limiting our width so much

6. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    It's probably set in the rip to have say 35 mm margins left & right, instead of 10mm, for instance.