• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Designjet L26500 - Yellow Not Printing Properly

BG-SIGN

IMG_1691.jpg IMG_1692.jpg Hello,

Currently, we are having printing problems with our HP Designjet L26500. I have attached two pictures for reference (printhead #4 specifically is what I'm talking about). The yellow is not printing correctly; it is discoloring and creating rows in my prints. At first, I thought it was the printhead, but I changed out the printhead twice, and still no success. Please let me know if anyone can help!
IMG_1691.jpg

Thank you,

BG-SIGN

danno

Have you attempted to clean the contacts in the carriage assembly? Sometimes the "misting" inside the machine will accumulate on the circuit board in the carriage. I used to use a 70% isopropyl alcohol with a lint free swab to clean the contacts.

Ere

Check the ink lines going into the printhead. Do they look like the others or is black getting into your yellow?

It looks like you're having trouble with your #2 printhead as well, seems to be only firing cyan and not light cyan. Like danno said, try cleaning all your contacts in the carriage. The maintenance kit that came with your printer should have a little tool and cleaning swabs. If that doesn't help try cleaning your encoder strip (don't think that's it, but worth a shot).

It almost looks like the printhead isn't being capped properly when it's not in use, some ink dried up on the printhead causing the ink to pool since it can't fire properly, and it bled into the yellow as it was being sprayed. I had a similar issue after my dumb machine didn't realize it was out of black ink and continued printing for another 100 square feet. Completely clogged the black so when it printed it would drop droplets of black ink and bled into the yellow.

Is the test print you attached immediately after you swapped out the #4 head?

Carlos Valencia

View attachment 144552 View attachment 144553 Hello,

Currently, we are having printing problems with our HP Designjet L26500. I have attached two pictures for reference (printhead #4 specifically is what I'm talking about). The yellow is not printing correctly; it is discoloring and creating rows in my prints. At first, I thought it was the printhead, but I changed out the printhead twice, and still no success. Please let me know if anyone can help!
View attachment 144552
Thank you,

BG-SIGN
Hi I would check the carriage pca, the carriage cables, the ink tube lines, and the ink primer assembly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
You said you changed the printhead twice- but did you change the wrong Y/K one, maybe?
I'd be cleaning the contacts in the print head carriage, pretty severely.
Last time my black wasbleeding into the yellow like that, it took 5 or 6 Y/K head cleanings, head wipes, and a couple or three of contact cleansings, and it was good for the next 8 months or more.