• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP DesignJet Z6100 for banners?

Mikesbales

A local photo studio is closing down and offered to sell me their DesignJet Z6100 60" for $700 ("great working order" new print heads, 1/4 full cartridges) . I've only used Rolands (and had great luck with them) but for this price I thought it may be nice to have a dedicated banner printer. I was hoping to see if anyone else and any experience with this particular printer and if it has worked well for banner printing, also if this is a good price. Thanks in advance!

noisegeek

The HP Z series printers are aqueous based. Really only suitable for interior prints on paper or specially coated materials.

Billct2

Nope. Not a good printer for outside banners.
But for that price if you have a market for interior graphics & posters I'd grab it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You can do short term banners for outdoor no problem, the banner materials is much more expensive then what the other machines use but you can do everything but car wraps with that printer. I have seen many Z prints last over a year outdoors. If you need any help with the materials for it just let me know.