• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Discontinuing Colorspan Ink - Is there a third party alternative?

Lindquist

We have a Colorspan 72UVX. It's just over 7 years old, and we've had a lot of problems, but it still runs and puts out acceptable print quality. It's the only flatbed printer we have, and the vast majority of our work goes through it.

Now we've been told that HP is going to discontinue the ink used in the machine. There are third party alternatives for some other brands/printers, but we haven't been able to find an alternative for the 72UVX. Grimco has told us they are looking for an alternative, but they've been look for months now with no luck. I had another vendor tell me there would never be an alternative due to copyright issues.

Can anyone confirm that there is no alternative, or tell me if there is an alternative?

We've been talking about a new printer on-and-off for a year or so now, but now it seems we're being forced to buy one. The life of the ink is about 15 months (15 months between manufacture date and "warranty ends" date), so even if I stockpile it we've only got until the end of 2014.

Typestries

have you spoken with Nazdar? They were talking about an ink for that. BUT, realize that the market is limited in terms of demand for the product, so there is not a lot of incentive to research test and market for it expense wise.

Can you pressure HP to remove the chip or give you permanent ink chips, then you would be free to pursue other uv inks that are compatible with the hitachi heads.

3rd party ink

Yeah I hear you its a "stuck in hard place" all those models got bought out by HP when they did it kind of screwed up the older printers situation. Nazdar doesn't sale it bc of the RFID chip they use. You can still find the ink I would call HP UV suppliers and see whats available it might be in other states or cities but atleast you should be able to find it out there.

Hzone15

There is a guy on this board from Germany who claims to have a fix. Named Wunder. The way I look at it is companies haven't beaten the chips since the early days of ColorSpan why would someone all the sudden come out now.

Fact is more and more companies are kicking these units to the curb, ink & part prices are on the rise and HP was losing money.

Watchout the H series and 9840 will be next. The only ColorSpan (ish) product that is safe is the FB950 since it uses the same ink as the FB500/700.

wunder

you called my Nick :notworthy: here I`am :ROFLMAO:

you can be sure that we have the solution for incl. Profiler....we have installed/swop more than 27 Solvent units like S/SR/SRX and SI-Only.................
and many more UV Machine and all Works perfect :rock-n-roll:

We have many Parts in Stock and can all repair/Fix include complete reprogramming from S/SR/SRU/SRX <----not OEM stable version "A-IS 10x INK COUNTMECHANISM Fail"to the stable Version SI-Only and UV from OCE CS7xxx to MCD UVX/UVR a.s.o

This time the only tissue to become Brandnew Heads but we work for a solution to fix this too.

best regards
wunder

There is a guy on this board from Germany who claims to have a fix. Named Wunder. The way I look at it is companies haven't beaten the chips since the early days of ColorSpan why would someone all the sudden come out now.

Fact is more and more companies are kicking these units to the curb, ink & part prices are on the rise and HP was losing money.

Watchout the H series and 9840 will be next. The only ColorSpan (ish) product that is safe is the FB950 since it uses the same ink as the FB500/700.

HZONE knows how it goes, all good true factual statements. Sad part is MacDermid made great USA made product then HP came along and screwed it all up..

Lindquist

Thank for the feedback everyone. I did call Nazdar after reading the responses; they definitely do not have a replacement ink.

sfd2122

We have the same model here and about a year ago we started having problems with the ink pumps on it and because HP is pretty much washing there hands of it, parts are hard to find but whats even hard to find is someone to work on them. So now we are just going to try selling it super cheap to make room. That is quite the sales tactic they use, stop making parts / ink for a printer and make peopl buy new. We have the same thing happening on our HP9000 although Seiko is making parts and ink for them yet.

omgsideburns

Someone should just hassle HP to give us an unlimited chip for them so we can pump whatever weird fluids we want through that machine. It's no longer our main machine, but it would be nice to keep it in operation for as long as possible. That being said, I've started hording ink for it.

Quarter Mile

WUNDER,

I have a Colorspan 98uvx how much are the inks and what else do I need to switch to make it work.

you called my Nick :notworthy: here I`am :ROFLMAO:

you can be sure that we have the solution for incl. Profiler....we have installed/swop more than 27 Solvent units like S/SR/SRX and SI-Only.................
and many more UV Machine and all Works perfect :rock-n-roll:

We have many Parts in Stock and can all repair/Fix include complete reprogramming from S/SR/SRU/SRX <----not OEM stable version "A-IS 10x INK COUNTMECHANISM Fail"to the stable Version SI-Only and UV from OCE CS7xxx to MCD UVX/UVR a.s.o

This time the only tissue to become Brandnew Heads but we work for a solution to fix this too.

best regards
wunder

acento3

there are two website I know.. but many more possible...

http://www.superimagetech.com/productinfo.asp?id=365

anyway interesting to locking out other ink manufacturers with this chipsolution..

If you have an Colorspan 72SI dont try that one!...

I already lost 220$ plus double shipping (profilers sent / received) to receive exactly the same profiler I sent and a CD with a .pdf inside made in power point with a "solution" that doesnt work...

The man in Shanghai offers that "solution" to ALL the Colorspan printers but I am almost sure that it does applies only to the old ones (Dye Based Inks) and first gen Colorspans

If you have 300$ itching in your pocket and you wont miss them if you waste them try that option...

wunder

right now...there are many dubious People around the world.....

check it out the site WHO IS DENIC and see the registered DATA...

www.3partyinksolution.com we have check it and seen all dubious.....:ROFLMAO:

superimage the same....dont working Chips and you lost your money too.

I never trust them.

dawg

wunder

do you have any receipt you purchased from 3rd party inksolution?

or you simply try to blackmail them to selling your stuff?

accidentally i know them.. around 1997 we built a homebuilt version of the vutek brush type printer..
it was working with same logic like vutek..
and we used a solvent based paint that was sticking to the vynil very well.. and worked without any postprocess..
only issue we couldnt solve restarting the print it was always off ... possible one of the 4 color one of them by 1-3 percent..
it was flat bed type and 10x24 feet sized..

just for those who know more about processing, we had solution for reducing moire too..

if anyone interesting i can give more detail how we solved it.. but with new printerheads this method is forgotten..

if they say their solution works, then you can be sure that works.. they dont sell ink.. only the chip..

dawg

acento

be honest, customers here paying the price.. we just simply cant risk to buy even certified oem cartridges..

we get our prices because we can tell we use the warranted ink, and also warranted media by 3m...

im really open for cheap tools for my router... but printing is different... while tools for my router remain in my shop the media and the printed ink going out with customer..
using the original ink we can filter out at least the material error..

================================================================

actual reason i returned to this post...
because wunder manner just make no sense..

here he states others has bad stuff..

on ebay however he using the 3rdparty ink location, tough hes located in germany, he states he is in hungary...

little confusing why he trying showing as if he were the 3rd party inksolution, if that company dont makes good at all..

again, im not interested in this on any way... im not advertising any of these... if one like to use this solution then go for..
its just about some type of ethic... what looks like unknown in germany..

pictures shows how's he trying to show up as if he were the 3rdparty inksolution.. now you can ask him by what reason...

Attachments

• new-1.jpg
    new-1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 259
  • new-2.jpg
    new-2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 244
  • new-3.jpg
    new-3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 244
  • new-4.jpg
    new-4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 259
  • new-6.jpg
    new-6.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 290

wunder

@dawg

:ROFLMAO: i have many stupid poeple become acquainted but this is real the best :notworthy:

lame posting what else:covereyes:

You and your Friend Timer Somar are in fakt fiddler......show you Homepage Scam :ROFLMAO:

No Name, No real Data, free email account and pricing a solution, where is only to cheat people :toasting:

And 2nd we use not copyed Code from cracked Chip. We have a own Code with Own Chip my friend :ROFLMAO:

FB-5,7,9.jpg FB-5,7,9(1).jpg DSC_0112.jpg

Attachments

• Colorspan UV.jpg
    Colorspan UV.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 262

dawg

wunder

we living of two different location.. the two location not only measured in miles far from each other..

you dont understand something.. i didnt mentioned you selling good or bad

in a bussiness world you can say your product good, your product the best... your product fabolous..

but you may not analyse same product from competitor.. you may not use competitor logo, adress or anything getting competitors customers..

if you were a honest dealer, then forum has proper section go there and advertise it..
dont come back on the backdoor as a signtist, when youre not..

the point is, while any signtist can express freely opinion about a product or service that will be different from when a provider doing same..

with simple words people dont care what youre try to selling, but publicly please dont bring down others product or service just beacause you want to get competitors customers..
because this is what you proven, you doing..
my comment on you not because i know that other, my comment is on your manner...

my name is viktor

your name still hidden, tough you advertising your product

not only your name hidden, but you try to show you selling from hungary from same location.. even you use same picture..

being rude.... i dont comment..
and this forum not the place for arguing..

wunder

viktor alias dawg

are you completly crazy or what ??? acento write LOST his money....i have hear from other people too thats the in fakt dubios to sell from homepage a solution without any serious Data...so fact thats the Poeple "Seller Colorspanpart" alias Timer, alias 3partyinksolutions.com, alias, AMO REMI...alias alias alias and the alias never end :ROFLMAO: from Hungary, alias from Wien, alias from Colombus, alias Andora, ...........:covereyes:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website: 3partyinksolution.com (he write it here on site TIMER SOMAR IAM THE OWNER :ROFLMAO:
Title: 3rd party ink solution· HP, Colorspan, OCE, HP Scitex,UV Printers, after-market thi
Description: If you use third party ink for your printers we have got the solution for it! After-market

Domain Age: 199 Days
Website Speed: Very Fast

Owner: Amo Remi
Owner Address: Colombus
Owner City: Wien
Owner Postcode: 11122
Phone Number: 11111222112221
Phone Type: generic:
Email: colorspaninfo@gmail.com

Owner Country: Andorra
Website Location: United States
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and you write iam cheat her any poeple or what you wont from me ?

In Fact he doesnt become any more 50$ for his cracked ONE TIME Chip only 10$ and now you are cross:toasting:

Viktor you begin to write any **** and not me. SO what you talk about any ebay Account from me aso ?
We are not Cracked Chip Seller...We sell a Complete Solution and this for 1st Time with The Swiss Company Blue-MALL alias OZA-Direct and this Company is ETIRA.ORG Member and not Chip Cloning Dealer....

So tell me Whats your matter ?

dawg

wunder

ipadresses shows the ebay seller vollteufel and your store same location...

on this topic you as a provider evaluating other service or products..

all my comment is in bussiness we dont care if the neighboor makes same, we try to make our service-product making better..
but we dont make anticommercial for others..

tough soma is my friend, but my point is not protecting him..

and i can not analyse here what is legal what is not..

for me, what i see for hp printers people started to make chips, or reprogram the original chips..
but in both situation it is made for the hp printer.
with other words in my meaning it is same as if you make a """chip"" for an obsoloted made in 2000 adobe illustrator..
and from here doesnt matter it is your own chip or you reprogram a chip..

i can not say its ok or it is not ok..

i might was not enough clear.. all my concern is while a signtist ok to comment on product what he buying, but youre not signtist, youre a manufacturer or service provider..

make your stuff better than others and good luck.. let others saying yours better, not you ""educate"" people why yours better than A or B product..

this is called freedom, i like the most in usa.. dollar is strong, not because it backed with gold, but because its backed with freedom..
and this is not only playing with words...