• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP DJ 2000cp.................

NY Signman

Just got a HP DJ 2000cp for a couple of bucks. Can anyone advise on what I should use to run this printer?......software, etc.?

I have Omega 3.0 but no CP, just cut. Would like to use as freely as possible with file extensions, etc.

If anyone can offer some experience with this and what is available NOW (instead of 10yrs ago).

I'd also like to know if any non-OE UV ink systems are available also?

Thanks in advance for the help!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Wow thats an old old old machine, I have products you can use in it but finding inks and parts is not going to be easy. What are you trying to do application wise with this printer?

Robert Boyd

If it has PS built in you can print directly from CorelDraw/Illustrator ect.
That printer was painfully slow when it was new, I couldn't imagine using it now

kanini

Ugh, had the larger 3800cp model many years ago and it was painfully slow, ate carriage belts, doesn't have continuous ink supply to the heads and I still have nightmares since I printed 100 posters on it once... Mine had a separate HP RIP computer also that sounded like a jetplane. But with that said you can find windows drivers to it and run it like a ordinary printer (for example, install the printer, open a file in Photoshop and hit print, select the designjet, paper sizes etc. and you're good to go). You need a LPT port also... Good luck with the printer!

NY Signman

I was cringing, thinking about the replies I was going to get! : )

Figured I'd get my feet wet with something for real small jobs and different ideas that I have.......posters, paper signs, etc. This was never to be "the" printer for my business, but a beginning. I have someone print wraps and large stuff for me via a Roland.

So.......what does anybody have to share with what "they" have to RIP from, or advise to any cut corners to utilize this?

I did go to HP and see about windows 7 drivers.......none, but someone states a 1050C will do? Downloaded that, unzipped and have no idea where to put all the files? Open them in what, where, etc?

Omega recognizes the printer but I don't believe I can just use from there.....would be great to use as "another printer"!

I really appreciate the responses and whatever info you can offer. thanks.

kanini

You can search for "Designjet 2000cp driver" on google and you find links to HP where you can download the driver files. Use for example the Windows XP drivers or similar older versions. Unzip the files on a folder on your computer, go to Control Panel, Printers and Add new printer. Follow the steps and when it asks for drivers select one from the folder you unzipped the drivers to. You might need to fiddle around a bit with it but eventually you will get it installed as an ordinary printer and can print stuff to it - only larger paper sizes.
Since it is a Windows printer you can print from pretty much every application.
Yeah, the printer is old and have its quirks but you might like it for some simple printing stuff. Read the manual also so you know how it works... Good luck! :smile:

NY Signman

Too cool! Super easy to install and thanks for the info! This is fine for what I want to do, w/o spending a lot!

If anyone know any ink options for this? I'm all ears!

Thanks again.

Installed as a 1050C for Windows 7 driver............easy in every application......Omega included.

Bly

From memory you replace the head every time you put a new ink cart in so not sure how 3rd party ink would help unless you can get cheap heads from somewhere.