• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP eaglejet II?

ucmj22

not coming up with anything when I google this or look through HP's site. A guy came in looking to sell this unit as a used piece. supposed to be 60" printer. the ink cartridges had UV on them, and it supposedly sold for 8600 originally. anyone know anything about this printer?

Tony McD

It probably came from an Anheuser Busch distributor.
When I worked there it was the HP Designjet 5500 uvps in 42" or 60"
Been about ten years, so they are probably using a different model by now.

ucmj22

It probably came from an Anheuser Busch distributor.
When I worked there it was the HP Designjet 5500 uvps in 42" or 60"
Been about ten years, so they are probably using a different model by now.

this is exactly where it came from. he said AB made them buy all new printers, and doesn't know what to do with the ones he's got, so he's looking to sell them off. what would your guess on fair market value for this. it appears to be indoor only printing, so Im guessing not a whole lot.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Check eBay and craigslist for the latest prices on HP5500. Remember, the 5500 UV inks can provide up to six months outdoor durability without lamination. Therefore, as a promotional signage printer, they do okay. Unfortunately, the inkjet media (coated ink receptive) is more pricey than un-coated solvent media. If InBEV and TMS stay on schedule, then their bevy of HP Z6100's are about to be traded for HP's "...latest and greatest..." wide format POP printer. InBEV, TMS, and HP make their beer wholesalers remarkable offers they "...cannot refuse..."

tattoo.dan

when i worked for an AB distributor that is what we used. then they updated to the z series and now using the latex...they are work horses.

i would guess that thing has been run into the ground. and it is weird that they haven't taken advantage of any of the updates until now...

2k tops if it is excellent maybe?!

tattoo.dan

Check eBay and craigslist for the latest prices on HP5500. Remember, the 5500 UV inks can provide up to six months outdoor durability without lamination. Therefore, as a promotional signage printer, they do okay. Unfortunately, the inkjet media (coated ink receptive) is more pricey than un-coated solvent media. If InBEV and TMS stay on schedule, then their bevy of HP Z6100's are about to be traded for HP's "...latest and greatest..." wide format POP printer. InBEV, TMS, and HP make their beer wholesalers remarkable offers they "...cannot refuse..."

yeah, they get a new latex printer and computer loaded with corel and onyx rip for 7k