• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions HP FB 500 or 700

Chosen23

One man shop
Hi, I am looking to purchase a used one of these printers. Asking anyone that has one are you satified with the print quality? I will need the white option will be reverse printing clear plexi 85% of the time.

Thanks Joe

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I would caution against the FB series if the expectation is opaque white. Also banding and registration was an issue on clear substrates when I had one. Have someone run a file that you setup for white and take a look for yourself before making a purchase. Probably not what you want to hear because you can get one fairly inexpensively these days, but we had a lot of issues with white and double sided prints. For my money, I'd look at an EFI or possibly Vanguard, and if you could foot the lease, take a close look at the R-Series from HP, but you probably won't find those used yet since they are new to the market.