Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions HP FB 500 or 700

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Chosen23, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Chosen23

Chosen23 One man shop

Dec 5, 2017
    New Jersey
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a used one of these printers. Asking anyone that has one are you satified with the print quality? I will need the white option will be reverse printing clear plexi 85% of the time.

Thanks Joe

Tags:
  2. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Have you checked out the EFI 16H. We love ours and the white is very opaque.

3. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    I would caution against the FB series if the expectation is opaque white. Also banding and registration was an issue on clear substrates when I had one. Have someone run a file that you setup for white and take a look for yourself before making a purchase. Probably not what you want to hear because you can get one fairly inexpensively these days, but we had a lot of issues with white and double sided prints. For my money, I'd look at an EFI or possibly Vanguard, and if you could foot the lease, take a close look at the R-Series from HP, but you probably won't find those used yet since they are new to the market.