• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp fb 700 running out of ink while Printing

Jacob

A little rant here.

We do a lot of big banners and large signs. So we are printing (5) 7x40 foot banners. No big deal, set them up and tell them to run, about 15 feet into them they start looking weird. We finally notice the yellow and magenta are dropping out. So we stop, purge, run a nozzle test no issues. same thing about 15 feet later. Call Hp support (printer is 6 weeks old) they send me a 4 page sheet on how to tear the head apart and clean the thermiosters. I tell them that I am not comfortable tearing the thing apart. So Hp sends me parts and now I have to wait a week for a service tech. Since i can print up to 15 feet with no problem they told me I am not technically down so there is no need to rush a tech. A little frustrated. Any body else have this issue.

parrott

Check the ink connection from line to the machine where you plug in. We received a Cyan ink that was missing the washer (I believe) where it connects to the machine. It was doing the exact same thing you are talking about. It was very intermittent which made it hard to diagnose. We later noticed a whole bunch of ink was leaking at the connection as well. We pulled a washer off an old ink cartridge and the issue stopped. Hope this helps!

jasonx

Could be a few things.

Internal filter.
Ink pump.
Air blockage in the line.
Faulty thermistor.

Do you get any errors when it happens?

When you stop next time just do a nozzle check and see if those colours are dropping out. Its weird to have two separate heads having the same problems.

Jacob

we do have the ink leaking out so I will check the washer when it stops. We have found we can still print large banners if we print on indoor. So we are still priningt but a 8 x 50 takes FOREVER in indoor signage. Ill check both next time it stops. thanks for the advice.

Jacob

Could be a few things.

Internal filter.
Ink pump.
Air blockage in the line.
Faulty thermistor.

Do you get any errors when it happens?

When you stop next time just do a nozzle check and see if those colors are dropping out. Its weird to have two separate heads having the same problems.
Every time it happens after we cancel printing it performs an automatic head maintenance and the nozzle check is perfect. My suspicion is cleaning fills the head back with ink. We are getting No errors

fozzie

We had similar experience with our fb950 last year. Turned out our ink pump was bad and couldn't keep up filling ink in anything but high quality mode. Suggest you put new ink box in, if problem persists you know it is internal.

Jacob

Tech came out Tuesday night. Bad Thermistor after 250 hours of printing. Hope this isn't a reoccurring problem. I have not been able to run any large banners yet but I guess i just wait till the next order.