• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB500 Leftover ink in boxes

hydo1

I have an HP FB500 and the amount of ink left in the boxes by the time it tells me to change is insane. I am talking $40-$50 worth of ink each time. I have run it down past 0% on a few boxes and it finally told me that I had to change the box. The amount of ink still left was astounding. Does someone have a trick to maximize the ink?

cdiesel

From what I've been told, they overfill the carts. You can leave them in past zero, and eventually the machine will make you replace them. Keep an eye on them, as we've had them go the other way too--where the machine says there's plently left but the cart is actually empty.

particleman

We run them till you visually see the ink is near end. 95% of the time this works fine the profiler chips will let you do it. Sometimes it won't and will force you to change it out and waste some ink.

hydo1

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I'll open the boxes up when they are getting close and keep an eye on them.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Once you open the box...make sure you don't leave the ink bag exposed to too much light, it may cure the ink and clog up the filters or worse.