• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB500 Media thickness

ikarasu

Good afternoon,

I'm having a weird problem with the FB500. My wife wants me to print on some canvas's... so I went to put them in. It's around .6 inch, so I selected .5 to 1 inch. Loaded it as normal...

But then the alignment bar lifts up... But not high enough. The belt moves, and the media just gets held back by the alignment bar.

I've tried even doing 2" media, and it's the same. So I tried a piece of plywood, just to see if its something to do with the canvas... and same thing.

For some reason the alignment bar isn't lifting up high enough.

Is it a setting I'm missing, or is it malfunctioning? We don't normally print on anything bigger than coro / Alupanel, so I havent had this issue before. I know before they used to print on plywood, but havent done that in years.

Any ideas?

ikarasu

We'll... After trying for hours I figured it out.

I went in from the back, lifted the bar up manually all the way... Didn't feel any resistance or nothing, tried it again and it seems to have fixed itself.

Not sure why, maybe it got stuck before, but either way it works now.