• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB700 & Fuji Acuity OEM Ink only?

API

Are there any 3rd party ink options for the HP Fb700 and the Fuji Acuity? We just dug a little deeper and have realized that these presses have chips in the ink packaging to keep you from running any other inks. I talked to one of my sales reps and he called it "Quality control". As time changes, the market changes and may require lower ink prices. How can you renegotiate ink prices? Do we trust that they will be sympathetic to our needs and lower costs just by us asking? That has never worked in the past with any of our other equipment. It always comes down to lower your price or we switch.

Robert Gruner

You pay $125,000.00 for an FB700 and now you want a lower cost third party ink?

Does it make sense for manufacturers to jerk you around on ink price just to increase their profit margin?

I think I would want to be really sure about the quality of any third party ink that I would risk putting in my $125K printer. New print heads are not cheap and will erode the cost of ink savings very quickly.

API

We have $400,000.00 presses and I do not hesitate to consider 3rd party ink. The risk is worth while if the savings are great enough. Just for example, my UviStar printed over 3 million square feet last year. We negotaited a $.03 per square foot price reduction last year. That is a savings of roughly $90,000 a year. If my ink has a chip then I am at the mercy of the supplier. Sometimes just mentioning a 3rd party ink is enough leverage to get a reduced price.

DustinD

Merchant Member
We offer a solution for the Fuji and Oce line. INX is the provider.

This is a color compatible solution with a delta E of less than 1. The ink is also a pour over chemically compatible solution.

CMYK + W

This ink also offers a better adhesion than the oem ink.

No one at this point is offering anything for the HP FB series.

Contact me for more details.

Robert Gruner

API

My take is once your printer is out of warranty, then it is "buyer beware". :)

I resell HP and I am not aware of any well tested third party inks for use in the FB series printers.

If INX were to offer a third party ink for HP/Scitex FB series, I too would be inclined to sell the product to end users whose FB series users whose printer's were out of warranty.

API

Thanks for the info!! INX/Triangle is who we are thinking of switching everything over to. We hear nothing but good things from other friends/competitors who have switched to them.