• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB700 max print width, 98" borderless trouble.

Davo

I'm having trouble printing a 98" borderless roll on this printer using Onyx 10.1. I can load a 2.5m roll and the printer sees it as such but the printable area is only 2.48m. I usually get around this on 60" SAV by going borderless and printing edge to edge and onto the belt. However, with the 98" borderless option it will RIP fine but when it comes to printing it ONYX gives me an error - HP Invalid Parameter. When I rip the file at 2.48m it prints fine. I've tried the .Settings.xml file trick but then I get an error of printer driver does not support this page size... is there any other work around?

Using an FB700 with the latest KA B.03.06 firmware and roll to roll kit.

danno

On other machines I have been able to create a custom page size that would allow that option. In this case, I would create a 2.55 m page size with a 2.53 m print size. That should get it to the machine.

Davo

On other machines I have been able to create a custom page size that would allow that option. In this case, I would create a 2.55 m page size with a 2.53 m print size. That should get it to the machine.

The specified size is the print area, so something isn't right there when the default roll size of 98" borderless doesn't work. I'll be calling my tech this week to take a look at it and the leading edge problem.

jasonx

Have you tried copying the banner present. Making it non detectable and then setting the position and the width that way on the printer to see if you can get wider?