• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB950 error message

fozzie

on monday we were printing on our FB950 when the power went out (had a couple of surges).

was able to print about 10 4x8 boards more but now after about 5 minutes of printing it stops with the error "Homing carriage due to Headboard UV Communications Timeout".

After sending carriage to home we get "Service (and User) Side UV lamp current not detected".

not under service contract, so before getting HP involved, anyone have this happen before and what was your fix?

thanks in advance

Davo

Haven't had that exact error about homing the head carriage but plenry of Lamp Current not detected. Ended up needing a step down transformer since the voltage coming into the printer was too high, around 265V, now it's stepped down to about 238 and it still does it but very rarely. Totally random when it did it also...

neobruo

If I can help, I'll do it!
fb 950

on monday we were printing on our FB950 when the power went out (had a couple of surges).

was able to print about 10 4x8 boards more but now after about 5 minutes of printing it stops with the error "Homing carriage due to Headboard UV Communications Timeout".

After sending carriage to home we get "Service (and User) Side UV lamp current not detected".

not under service contract, so before getting HP involved, anyone have this happen before and what was your fix?

thanks in advance

Hi:

can you tell me how you solved this problem? appreciate a lot if you can help. I'm exactly with the exactly same problem...