• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP FB950 Lamp housing wear

kev324

Wondering if anybody else has seen this. I've been getting intermittent shutter errors out of the lamps. Service side happened once, user side has happened several times. After it tripped an error and stopped last night while running some banners unattended, decided it was time to swap out the data cable we ordered a couple weeks ago when we had some other random strange errors. Did find several distressed points on the cable but still didn't fix the lamp issue. Upon pulling out the offending user side, we noticed what looked to be excessive play in one of the shutter pivot points. It turns out that the bushing on one of the pivoting arms severely wore down and in turn, wore a groove around the attachment bolt and a 1/16" circle groove in the mating arm. The service side housing doesn't seem to show any of the same signs of wear but the user side is shot. Of course, you can't replace just the affected mechanism, you have to drop $2200 on an entire new housing. Kinda tough to do on an 18-24 month old machine...

cdiesel

Never seen that.. yet. We've gone through a few data cables, and noticed some light wear on some of the other cables in the chain.

With parts as expensive as they are, we opted to keep the service plan going on our machine.