• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP/GL-2 cmd error - HELP

LSGraphics

lightening zapped my pc
got a new used pc with XP to run old Flexi software
getting the HP/GL-2 cmd error on send

Vinyl Express GRC-61 plotter / i've had this same set up for years.. on my third PC - up until now I've not had any problems. I've switched the cable no luck - the "test cut" on the plotter works.

could the board where the connections are be fried from the lightening strike? I've been working on this for 3 weeks and about ready to give up.. i don't do enough signs in my business to just go out and buy another plotter. I can't find any repair people in my area to help... let me know when your ears are covered so i can scream.

LSGraphics

i am using the same cable same software same plotter.. only the computer has changed... signwarehouse.com doesn't answer any of the questions i have.. i've been there. the only solution so far is to switch to a usb to serial cable and this plotter has no usb outlet

CS-SignSupply

Mode/Communication language on the cutter may have been reset maybe?

Does that model offer the option to run in HPGL & GPGL?

Jim Doggett

i am using the same cable same software same plotter.. only the computer has changed... signwarehouse.com doesn't answer any of the questions i have.. i've been there. the only solution so far is to switch to a usb to serial cable and this plotter has no usb outlet

Then best contact support directly: support@signwarehouse.com / 800.966.1783. If only the computer has changed then it's obviously a software setting. So the fix should be an easy one.

Best Regards,

signage

lightening zapped my pc
got a new used pc with XP to run old Flexi software
getting the HP/GL-2 cmd error on send

Vinyl Express GRC-61 plotter / i've had this same set up for years.. on my third PC - up until now I've not had any problems. I've switched the cable no luck - the "test cut" on the plotter works.

could the board where the connections are be fried from the lightening strike? I've been working on this for 3 weeks and about ready to give up.. i don't do enough signs in my business to just go out and buy another plotter. I can't find any repair people in my area to help... let me know when your ears are covered so i can scream.

Lightning is not friendly to electronic devices, if the plotter was not protected by a sufficient Surge suppressor or disconnected it could have possibly taken a hit.

CS-SignSupply

Unfortunately, some brands of cutters can have their settings/preferences set back to default with a good jolt of static electricity so I would not 'completely' rule out the equipment. No MM Wars Jim :) Ever see a Graphtec cutter display Japanese?