• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 - 3M Etch Vinyl Printable with Latex

Hi all....relatively new to using the latex ink set and could not find a definitive 'YES' on whether or not the 3M Dusted Crystal and the like are printable with the latex inks...I would suspect it will work but who knows. I did see mention of printing on the product but seeking someone who has had success/failure with this specific situation. Thanks in advance...any input appreciated.

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
Hi all....relatively new to using the latex ink set and could not find a definitive 'YES' on whether or not the 3M Dusted Crystal and the like are printable with the latex inks...I would suspect it will work but who knows. I did see mention of printing on the product but seeking someone who has had success/failure with this specific situation. Thanks in advance...any input appreciated.

I have the HP L25500 and while I haven't printed on the frosted vinyls I have printed on metallic vinyls. I turned the drying heater down to right around 200 F and think the passes were around 12 but no more than that. This worked great on silver and gold metallic. I wouldn't see why this couldn't work on the 3m vinyls. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We've printed on most of the "frosted" glass vinyls and they all work fine. We use the IJ35C settings in onyx. If it can detect the edge put a piece of masking tape along the right (while looking at it) edge of the material.

If you want an awesome look, print on 3Ms pearl white and then laminate with the dusted crystal or mactacs metallic laminate.