• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP L25500 error 21.10.2 problem not accepting new Ment. cartridge

Allman

Greeting all. I am new to this forum and new to latex printing. Have a L25500 that showed the replace printhead error. Replaced the printhead Y/K and the machine came up. Sent a job to print and got a 21.10.2 error. Researched it and followed the steps that confirmed that it was not the motor but instead the maintenance cartridge. Ordered that and changed it. And the machine is still throwing this error 21.10.2. Now if power down the unit, remove the MC and power up back it comes up saying the MC is missing. Once I follow the onscreen prompts to replace the MC it throws the error. Could this be a bad MC unit/ does it have some chip that maybe bad etc?

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

dypinc

While the MC is out power down and clean the sensor that is under the printhead carriage. And also make sure the little area on the MC that is supposed to be white is. If it has ink on it cut a small piece of vinyl and cover up the ink.

Allman

While the MC is out power down and clean the sensor that is under the printhead carriage. And also make sure the little area on the MC that is supposed to be white is. If it has ink on it cut a small piece of vinyl and cover up the ink.
Thanks dypinc...I had already taped over the white strip on MC. How do I find the sensor. Looked under the carriage and not seeing it. Can you describe what it looks like?

Allman

Thanks dypinc...I had already taped over the white strip on MC. How do I find the sensor. Looked under the carriage and not seeing it. Can you describe what it looks like?
Did find two pieces of plastic to the left of the printheads. Clean them with dry lint free cloth. Nothing much showed up on the clean. Powered up and error show again..It is actually 21.2.10...(pardon any confusion with the error code.

dypinc

Did find two pieces of plastic to the left of the printheads. Clean them with dry lint free cloth. Nothing much showed up on the clean. Powered up and error show again..It is actually 21.2.10...(pardon any confusion with the error code.

If I remember correctly that sensor is to the right of the printheads.

SE Code: 21.02:10 - Problem with the Web Wipe motor

Problem Description:

Web Wipe Motor servo shut down.

Corrective Action:

• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer, manually pull the Printhead Maintenance

Cartridge to the front position and power On the Printer.

• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and remove the Printhead Maintenance Cartridge,

and switch on, if the error is cleared, replace the Printhead Maintenance Cartridge

• Replace the Web Wipe Motor⇒ Page 368.

Allman

If I remember correctly that sensor is to the right of the printheads.

SE Code: 21.02:10 - Problem with the Web Wipe motor

Problem Description:

Web Wipe Motor servo shut down.

Corrective Action:

• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer, manually pull the Printhead Maintenance

Cartridge to the front position and power On the Printer.

• Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and remove the Printhead Maintenance Cartridge,

and switch on, if the error is cleared, replace the Printhead Maintenance Cartridge

• Replace the Web Wipe Motor⇒ Page 368.

The steps above were what i had followed initially that led me to replacing the MC. So i am now uncertain as to why the error returned after putting the new one in. Found the sensor cleaned it. Machine throw a 44:10 error, press ok to continue and it showed the 21.02.10 again. Should i be replacing the web wipe motor or could something be wrong with the MC.

Allman

The steps above were what i had followed initially that led me to replacing the MC. So i am now uncertain as to why the error returned after putting the new one in. Found the sensor cleaned it. Machine throw a 44:10 error, press ok to continue and it showed the 21.02.10 again. Should i be replacing the web wipe motor or could something be wrong with the MC.
Just removed the MC. Printer has booted fine..(only saying the MC is missing?)....

Carlos Valencia

Greeting all. I am new to this forum and new to latex printing. Have a L25500 that showed the replace printhead error. Replaced the printhead Y/K and the machine came up. Sent a job to print and got a 21.10.2 error. Researched it and followed the steps that confirmed that it was not the motor but instead the maintenance cartridge. Ordered that and changed it. And the machine is still throwing this error 21.10.2. Now if power down the unit, remove the MC and power up back it comes up saying the MC is missing. Once I follow the onscreen prompts to replace the MC it throws the error. Could this be a bad MC unit/ does it have some chip that maybe bad etc?

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.
that will be a bad line sensor. easy to replace. we have all parts, thx Plottermaster