• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Firmware 07_00_00.4 Update

Hill Mountain

Hi everyone,

We were having color issues with our 42" HP L25500 and spent some time poking around on the HP tech site and discovered a new firmware version: GG-CAL_07_00_00.4_mvl40. We downloaded it and are now having trouble installing it. Has anyone else tried this update and if so, did it work okay for you? The file seems to upload fine, but hangs when it is in the UPDATE: CHECKING phase.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Marty

Hill Mountain

Darn. After two failed attempts, we restarted and tried again. This time, the printer accepted the file and restarted. After a few minutes, it beeped and now shows a 100% on the progress bar and a big goofy hourglass. The green LED on the left side of the screen just blinks. It has been stuck here for about 30 minutes.

I hate this part of the biz.

Thanks again for your input.

Hill Mountain

Well, after the third attempt, we had success. It hung for about an hour and we finally did a soft restart with the power button. It went through its normal routine and is back on line with GG-CAL_7.0.0.4.

Now... let me see about this color issue...