Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP L25500 - LED install inside

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by KevSign, Oct 21, 2012.

1. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    We has LED install inside the HP-L25500 awhile, but don't have time to connect. We just connect same power supply and individual switch for L25500 and the L28500 install LED later.

Because to help to visual inside when print if media curve start hitting the print head, bad print, night time don't have light above areas.

Here are some picture, not very much show detail inside when took photos.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. chafro

chafro Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Mexico
    That is a nice idea.

The L26500 has even less light. I'm going to copy you!

3. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Two of ours are done up the same way. New models should have them included IMO.

4. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    How did you mount them? Any more details on how you hooked them up to the power supply?

5. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Thought about doing that, wan't sure how the LEDs and the adhesive would do with the heat.

6. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    I am not electrician. I used the power plug with 12volt if you don't use any more, wiring same plug with L2550 & L2850, and our machine next together. On each machine add the small switch so you can turn off if don't need.

Regarding the LED install, we bought the lowest LED with adhesive from Montroy. We had about over 6month on the machine no problem with heat.

Anyone went to the show see the 3D lamination on Nissan Murano hood. We are bought 1 roll test on our window perf and will install next couple day.

Attached Files:

7. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    Just finish up the LED for L28500. We are now can see if we print at night time.

Attached Files:

8. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    i saw the stuff, looked really tacky...

9. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Does this interfere with the OMAS sensor?

10. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

I thought about doing this. But I have a question.... Should cool white or warm white LEDs be used? Would one or the other would show you a better (correct) color on your prints.

11. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    I should elaborate. I did slightly differently than kev. I used the strip LEDs and mounted them on the outside of the window facing in. Separate power supply. Connected to a timer that turns them on from 7am to 11 pm. Our print room for the latex machines just got new lighting but these LEDs really help. Using the bright white 6000k which isn't exactly color accurate but it's more about seeing pass quality without grabbing the flashlight. No issues with any sensors.

Check it out Colorado....$25 for 16' of LEDs on amazon use an old power supply like an old phone charger or what not.

12. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    yeah, i think the lights are awesome.. as for tacky, i was referring to the 3d lam they had at the show.

13. Aklaim

Aklaim Member

Sep 8, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    How did you run the power wire? Through the machine or outside of the machine?

14. jayhawksigns

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Thought I would post my pics in here, keep stuff in the same thread for everyone.

Got the bug to do this seeing this thread, we had some spare LED modules from past sign installs just sitting going to waste so I put them to good use. The power wire will get routed somewhere else once I figure out where I want to run it and keep it out of the way of the carriage.

Attached Files:

15. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    looks great!

16. jayhawksigns

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Don't know why lights are not factory in printers these days, it seems like some of the Chinese specials come with them.