• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP L25500 Maintenance Kit 2

DERI

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for reading this post in advance and hope you can guide a newbie kindly with some help.

Can someone tell me how long can I keep using my printer(HP l25500) after a maintenance kit 2 has popped up? I bought this printer using all the money I had and now I have to source all these parts and also an engineer. Also does anyone know of a good technician who is willing to fly out of the country( to the caribbean) to replace the worn out parts? for a good price of course. You will be well taken care of

Thanks & Regards,
Deri

GB2

Old Member
Do you have a Service Manual or any basic technical skills? You can order all the parts and perform the service yourself if you are confident enough to try it, it's really not difficult. Let me know if you need the Service Manual, it can be time consuming to follow it but it is essential to tell you things you would never know about otherwise.

C

ColoPrinthead

how long you can continue to operate after the maintenance message shows is entirely dependent how how much you are printing.

DERI

Thanks for the Response. I normally do around 3 hours use with the machine a day. Not sure how you measure that in terms of needing urgent maintenance.

DERI

Thanks for the response GB2! I do have a manual and also a technician who is "somewhat" OK at fixing these machines but I am not entirely confident that he could complete the job successfully but after you mentioning that its not actually a hard task makes me feel a whole lot better at giving him a shot at replacing the parts.

GP_Oz

Service Maintenance Kit # 2: [COLOR=rgb(3.921600%, 25.098000%, 78.039000%)]
[/COLOR]Aerosol Filter (see page 371)

• Service Station (see page 362)
  • Color Sensor (see page 488)
  • Line Sensor (see page 486)
  • Paper Jam sensor (see page 411)
  • Spittoon Assembly (see page 374)

hmmm...Id maybe just do a smk3 and leave the other stuff alone. A lot of cost in that colour sensor that doesn't get used anyway.

I would love to do the job..but flying out from Australia will cost more

DERI

Im thinking of just doing the Service Station and Spittoon Assembly. What sort of cost would I be looking at.

Service Maintenance Kit # 2: [COLOR=rgb(3.921600%, 25.098000%, 78.039000%)]
[/COLOR]Aerosol Filter (see page 371)

• Service Station (see page 362)
  • Color Sensor (see page 488)
  • Line Sensor (see page 486)
  • Paper Jam sensor (see page 411)
  • Spittoon Assembly (see page 374)

hmmm...Id maybe just do a smk3 and leave the other stuff alone. A lot of cost in that colour sensor that doesn't get used anyway.

I would love to do the job..but flying out from Australia will cost more