• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Media Loaded Incorrectly

My printer keeps giving me the message. Media Loaded incorrectly: Unload Media.

There is no media loaded into the printer. I have tried several things. I will list them and then if anyone knows anything else... Please Help.

1. Tried loading media and then unloading it.....DIDN'T WORK

2. Turn off printer load media.... Still Same. DOESN'T WORK

3. Unload media on printer panel and then try to trick Media sensor... DOESN'T WORK

4. Take sensor off... Clean it Put it back on.... open back panel to make sure not disconnected from PCI..... DOESN'T WORK

5. Technician Manual says put printer into Diagnostic Menu and run Substrate Path Sensor Test.... The test starts and then tells me I have to unload Media to be able to do the test.

I have tried alot and the only thing I can think to do now is to buy a new Sensor and install it. But I feel if I do this I might find out that thats not the problem( since I disconnect/ reconnected/ and cleaned the current Media Sensor)

Please help..... Thanks. Also if you have had this problem and have fixed it one of the ways I have already tried let me know.