• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 :: Polypro film

GP

Anyone printing on Optisolve Polypropylene 8 mil film (or something similar)?

I bought this months ago for a quick turnaround poster job and never got it working.

I found the HP Everyday Matte Polypropylene profile for Caldera and figured it would be generic enough - but the ink comes out wet. Like, wet-wet.

Not even sure where to start. Crank curing and drying? Seems like it's going to require more than that - as the blacks in the test print run together.

Anyone printing on Optisolve Polypropylene 8 mil film (or something similar)?

I bought this months ago for a quick turnaround poster job and never got it working.

I found the HP Everyday Matte Polypropylene profile for Caldera and figured it would be generic enough - but the ink comes out wet. Like, wet-wet.

Not even sure where to start. Crank curing and drying? Seems like it's going to require more than that - as the blacks in the test print run together.

That is odd. I have printed on the Intelicoat PPM7 with the L25500 and found it to be unusually absorptive with HP Latex inks, to the point that I was amazed that it did not bleed even at very high ink loads approaching 400 percent. I would have to surmise that the Advantage house branded Polypropylene is a different media product than the Intelicoat...

GP

That is odd. I have printed on the Intelicoat PPM7 with the L25500 and found it to be unusually absorptive with HP Latex inks, to the point that I was amazed that it did not bleed even at very high ink loads approaching 400 percent. Obviously the Sihl Polypropylene is a different media product than the Intelicoat...

This would drip if I pinned it to the wall.

GP

That is odd. I have printed on the Intelicoat PPM7 with the L25500 and found it to be unusually absorptive with HP Latex inks, to the point that I was amazed that it did not bleed even at very high ink loads approaching 400 percent. I would have to surmise that the Advantage house branded Polypropylene is a different media product than the Intelicoat...

Thanks for piping in. Found enough generic information here:

http://www.sihlusa.com/support_and_downloads/Printer_Settings.html