• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L25500 Printhead Replacement Override?

VTSigns

My machine is asking me to replace the printhead. I have taken the old printhead out twice and just put the old one back in and it has gone through its alignment/print process. It keeps coming up after each time I print a job. I was thinking you could override this setting. The printhead seems to be printing just fine. Anybody know how?

Last edited:

StarSign

Is the print head in out of warranty, are any of the other print heads out of warranty? I was told by HP that if any of the print heads are out of warranty it could cause a problem with the other print heads.

VTSigns

Yes, I think they are all out of warranty. I have heard people say they have gotten upwards of 8 cartridges out one printhead. I have the printhead ready I just don't want to waste it since the way it is printing looks fine.

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Sometimes the machine will reject the head if it has overheated, or has too many nozzles out and is unrecoverable.